Ho ho ho! Santa’s here to help you learn beginning sounds with this fun Christmas matching game!
- 26 uppercase beginning sound pairs
- 26 lowercase beginning sound pairs
*This is a digital resource. A physical item will not be shipped.
I can’t help it. I’m already so excited for Christmas. The decorations. Twinkly lights all over town. Singing carols and snuggling close with family. I love Christmas!
And Christmas-themed educational games to start the holiday spirit? Bring them on!
This game is a fun printable matching game for learning beginning sounds. Just match the letter Santa is thinking of with the present starting with the same sound!
The pack includes cards for uppercase and lowercase letters. Your child can practice on whichever they feel most comfortable with first and then switch as they keep learning, so you can mix them all together to help your kiddo review! The toys for uppercase and lowercase cards are the same (a train for both T and t), so kids who are still mastering some of the letters (like b/d differentiation) can use this game to reinforce their matching of uppercase and lowercase letters.
How to Set Up the Presents from Santa Beginning Sounds Matching Game:
- Print on thick cardstock and laminate each page for durability before cutting out the cards.
- Cut each piece out like a puzzle piece, leaving the red border intact so that the pieces fit together again.
- You can play the game with all of the pieces at once, just uppercase pieces, just lowercase pieces, or in small groups of pieces if you’re just starting out with beginning sounds. For example, you can begin with just the pieces for A-F, just the vowels, or just the letters in your child’s name… and then slowly add in more pieces as your child becomes more confident.
Hint: Some of the toys are animals… I did have to tell my son right away that these were STUFFED animals as presents, not pets as presents, so he didn’t get any big ideas about a pet fox or zebra this year for Christmas!